- Livraria Air Books
- Ciências da Terra
- Rapid Excavation and Tunneling Conference: 2013 Proceedings
This book digs deep into every aspect of the business, presenting practical, no-nonsense information about demanding and high-profile projects. From caverns and large spans, contracting practices, tunnel linings, and design and planning to geotechnical considerations and instrumentation, ground stabilization, equipment applications, and risk management, this proceedings has the cutting-edge and innovative information you should have to meet the needs of the ever-important tunneling field.
As with past conferences, a significant number of the papers are by international authors, providing insight into projects and practices from across the globe. A fully searchable CD containing the entire proceedings is also included.
The book will be useful for engineers, designers, geologists, contractors, and others who want to learn how their colleagues are addressing the challenges of the profession.
- Caverns and Large Spans
- Contracting Practices
- Design and Planning
- Difficult Ground
- Future Projects
- Geotechnical Considerations
- Geotechnical Instrumentation-Settlement Control
- Ground Stabilization
- Grouting-Water Control
- Hard Rock Tunneling
- Major Projects
- New and Innovative Technologies
- New Plant and Equipment Applications
- Precast Tunnel Linings
- Pressure Face TBM Case Histories
- Pressure Face TBM Technology
- Risk Management
- Tunnel Finishing and Liner Installation