The classic and authoritative textbook, Molecular Mechanisms of Photosynthesis,is now fully revised and updated in this much-anticipated second edition. Whilst retaining the first edition’s clear writing style and accessible description of this complex process, updates now include cutting-edge applications of photosynthesis, such as to bioenergy and artificial photosynthesis as well as new analytical techniques.
Written by a leading authority in photosynthesis research, this new edition is presented in full color with clear, student-friendly illustrations. An interdisciplinary approach to photosynthesis is taken, with coverage including the basic principles of energy storage, the history and early development of photosynthesis, electron transfer pathways, genetics and evolution. A comprehensive appendix, containing an introduction to the basic chemical and physical principles involved in photosynthesis, is also included.
Molecular Mechanisms of Photosynthesis,second edition, is an indispensable text for all students of plant biology, bioenergy, and molecular biology, in addition to researchers in these and related fields looking for an accessible introduction to this vital and integral process to life on earth.
- stresses an interdisciplinary approach
- emphasizes recent advances in molecular structures and mechanisms
- includes the latest insights and research on structural information, improved techniques as well as advances in biochemical and genetic methods
- comprehensive appendix, which includes a detailed introduction to the physical basis of photosynthesis, including thermodynamics, kinetics, and spectroscopy
- associated website with downloadable figures as powerpoint slides for teaching
AUTOR: Blankenship, Robert E.
EDIÇÃO: 2ª / 2014
DISPONIBILIDADE DO PRODUTO: Sob Encomenda - 40 dias ( Importação )