- Livraria Air Books
- Advanced Introduction to International Political Economy
A concise, readable and deeply informed survey of different approaches to international political economy. Essential reading for students in the field. Even advanced professionals will appreciate the diversity of perspectives examined. Cohen aims to create a more open field of IPE that appreciates and learns from difference. This book is a major contribution towards that goal.'
- David A. Lake, University of California, San Diego, US
'Jerry Cohen occupies that rare position from which, when he defines a field, other people sit up and take notice. Here, his experience, insight and vision are brought to bear on how best to define international political economy (IPE) for students who are already familiar with its basic subject matter. Written with his usual panache and in his usual engaging prose, this is a must-read book for both advanced students of IPE and the people who teach them.'
- Matthew Watson, University of Warwick, UK
Elgar Advanced Introductions are stimulating and thoughtful introductions to major fields in the social sciences and law, expertly written by some of the world s leading scholars. Designed to be accessible yet rigorous, they offer concise and lucid surveys of the substantive and policy issues associated with discrete subject areas.
In this unique and original advanced introduction, Professor Benjamin Cohen pinpoints the essential principles of international political economy and illuminates the full array of perspectives to be found across the globe in this rich field of study.
Key Features include:
- Provides a comprehensive global survey of IPE.
- Concise introduction to the field written in an easily accessible, non-technical form.
- In depth analysis of the most established American and British schools of IPE.
- Extended discussion of other key national and regional traditions, focusing on the European continent, Latin America, Australia, Canada and China.
- Combines a unique sketch of the geography of IPE with insight into how communities fit together.
Written in a concise and lively style, the volume serves as an accessible yet thoughtful introduction to international political economy that will be an excellent supplement to leading texts used by advanced students and scholars specializing in international political economy and global political economy.
Contents: 1. Introduction 2. The American School 3. America's 'Left-Out' 4. The British School 5. Britain s 'Far-Out' 6. Continental Europe 7. Latin America 8. China 9. The Geography of IPE 10. What Have we Learned?
AUTOR: Cohen, Benjamin J.
EDITORA: Edward Elgar Pub
DISPONIBILIDADE DO PRODUTO: Sob Encomenda - Até 30 dias ( Importação )