With this exceptional textbook students gain the necessary knowledge skills and confidence to provide safe and effective care for the patients they will serve in their future careers. Chapter content provides a stepped approach to pharmacy calculations by laying a foundation of number sense in the beginning chapters and building to more complex calculations related to parenteral medications.
Students using the textbook and Study Partner CD will:
- Review basic mathematical concepts such as fractions decimals percents ratios and number systems
- Understand different calculation methods such as ratio and proportion dimensional analysis and alligation
- Practice calculations conversions and measurements for accurate drug doses
- Become knowledgeable about business calculations such as inventory profit margins and insurance reimbursements
In addition four appendices provide important resources for pharmacy technician students. These appendices include:
- Problem Set Answers
- Additional Practice with Fractions and Percents
- Common Pharmacy Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Measures and Conversions
The Study Partner CD supports student learning with:
- Chapter Terms and Flash Cards that help students learn key terminology
- Matching Activities that provide students with a fun interactive way to learn chapter content
- Quizzes that test studentsa' understanding of important chapter concepts in both Practice and Reported modes
- A link to the Internet Resource Center that provides in-depth reference information and additional resources
New chapter features include:
- Timely Topics cover important issues and initiatives to heighten studentsa' awareness of the developing technology trends and policies impacting their field. Specifically this edition covers daysa' supply time conversion IV calculations and insurance reimbursements to name a few.
- Sampling the Certification Exam provides students with 5 practice problems that model the test format of the certification exams.< /li>
- Body System Icons appear near all generic and brand name medications discussed in the chapter. These icons help students make connections between medications and the body systems they are prescribed to treat.
- For Good Measure tips offer students helpful hints and rules to remember when performing pharmacy calculations.
- Safety in Numbers tips alert students to important safety reminders to ensure safe and effective patient care.
- Put Down Roots tips analyze the root words of math terms helping students better understand how the definitions of these terms emerged from their word parts.
- Name Exchange tips remind students they must be familiar with both the generic name and the brand name of frequently prescribed medications.
- Chapter Summaries provide students with a helpful overview of the chaptera's key points.
- Assessing Comprehension provides 10 multiple-choice questions that cover important concepts from the chapter.
- Finding Solutions presents real-world scenarios to help students gain practice in handling challenging workplace situations.< /li>
In addition to these new features Pharmacy Calculations for Technicians continues to offer:
- Learning Objectives
- Examples and Problem Sets
- Key Terms
- Authentic Medication Labels
- Photos Figures and Tables
- Chapter Practice Tests
AUTOR: Ballington, Don A.
EDITORA: EMC / PARADIGM PUBLISHING
EDIÇÃO: 5ª / 2014
DISPONIBILIDADE DO PRODUTO: Sob Encomenda - 40 dias ( Importação )